Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Libera me domine".

Knight’s Templar song for their fallen brothers:

Libera me, Domine,
de morte aeterna,
in die illa tremenda
quando coeli movendi sunt et terra,
dum veneris judicare
saeculum per ignem
Tremens factus sum ego, et timeo
dum discussio venerit,
atque ventura ira.
Dies illa, dies irae,
calamitatis et miseriae,
dies magna et amara valde.
Requiem aeternam, dona eis, Domine,
et lux perpetua luceat eis.

Translated...

Deliver me, O Lord,
from eternal death,
on that fearful day
when the heavens are moved and the earth
when thou shalt come to judge
the world through fire.
I am made to tremble, and I fear,
when the desolation shall come,
and also the coming wrath.
That day, the day of wrath,
calamity, and misery,
that terrible and exceedingly bitter day.
Rest eternal grant them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine on them.

No comments: